Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
That one game you didn't want until you played it, then wanted the hell out of it.
In other words, what was a game you bought just because, you didn't really want it, you just sort of had it laying around, bought it in the steam sale etc., then loved it to bits you wanted more of it.

I have lots of games like these, The Wonderful 101 was the most recent. I tried the demo twice and hated it to bits, then bought the game because people said it was a good game. Fucking loved it after a while, it was so fucking good.

God Hand too, I don't think I ever told this story, but the entire reason I knew about God Hand was because I was a dirty casual who didn't hear about it before 2012. People kept talking about it, and said that if you haven't played it you're a casual, so as I had no idea what it was, I googled it, and looked around for it. I eventually bought it from Cex for £12 in 2012, and fucking loved the hell out of it. Once I got good of course.

Driver San Fransisco was another. I didn't even want the game, my brother bought it cause it was cheap. Fucking loved that too.

Fallout 1, and 3 was also some games I didn't really want. I hated 3 when I played it for the first time, but then went back to it after a terrible game of MW2 back when I still played that game like a madman, soon completed it and got all the achievements.

As for Fallout 1, I felt that I should play it to know the background to the games, and that's what I did. I found it difficult to play, especially at 640x480 on a laptop which would heat up to 9 million degrees when I'd play it. I did complete it and loved it to bits as it was really fucking fun.

Phoenix Wright was another, didn't know what I was expecting when I played the first game about seven years ago, but hey here I am now.

So what about you guys, what game did you play on a whim, then loved it so fucking much that you wanted more of it?

Messages In This Thread
That one game you didn't want until you played it, then wanted the hell out of it. - by retrolinkx - 07-10-2014, 06:05 AM