Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
That one game series that keeps on getting worse and worse.
Against the popular opinion, I don't think Final Fantasy or Resident Evil have gone bad. I've loved every single new RE game they've put out and while I've completely skipped FFXIII and its sequels I've been playing the handheld titles, all of which have been awesome. Looking forward to Type-0 HD and XV, previously known as Versus.

(11-25-2014, 10:03 PM)RyeoNox Wrote: [Resident Evil] 5 was a reskin

I can never understand this argument. It was a reskin just as much as RE2 and 3 were of the original and Zer0 of REmake. Just because it plays the same doesn't mean it's a reskin. Otherwise we'd be calling every single game series out there reskins of themselves.

(11-25-2014, 07:14 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Tony Hawk as well. THPS1-THUG 2 were pretty rad. American Wasteland was cool too but as the games went on Project 8 and the other one I forget weren't that amazing, and then you had Ride and other terrible ones that were just terrible. I can't even remember a good modern Tony Hawk game, even the HD edition of 1 and 2 weren't that great.

Agreed. I stopped playing the games after THUG2 but I did purchase the remake. That was fun for a while but COME ON, no split screen?!

If I have to add something to this thread, I'd say FlatOut. I loved FO and FO2 but then they went and sold the license to some Dutch company that released a crappy knockoff they called FlatOut 3. Bugbear salvaged some of it with Ultimate Carnage but even that was just an HD update of FlatOut 2 with some additions from FO3. At least now they are back on track with Wreckfest, which is shaping out to be the real FO3 I always wanted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: That one game series that keeps on getting worse and worse. - by Mass Distraction - 11-26-2014, 04:14 AM