Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
That one game series that keeps on getting worse and worse.
Incoming rant:

To be honest, the Zelda series. After The Wind Waker, it's where the series started to get mixed reception. I'm not talking about reviews either but while I loved Twilight Princess and find the "playing as a wolf" criticism to be a silly reason as to why the entire game was bad, it is where the series start to get worse. My personal cut off point is Twilight Princess. Everything after that just got worse.

Phantom Hourglass
Phantom Hourglass had such a terrible control scheme that it actually annoyed the hell out of me. I hated travelling back to a dungeon just to progress a little bit farther then come back again and again. The graphics are complete shit. Sorry but they are horrendous. [Image: Phantom_Sword_Obtained.png] I don't wanna go off on a tangent here, but Nintendo need to be called out on their bullshit of ugly graphics on hardware that can barely render a face. The 3DS is exactly the same. Aside from that, the game just felt meh. Unfortunately the control scheme gimmick is something Nintendo refuse to drop for later titles.

Spirit Tracks
Exactly the same as before, just replace boats with trains. The only good thing about Spirit Tracks was that it gave us a chance to see the Zelda series become a legend. The Hero and Royal blood nearing the end of their lineage and Hyrule sealed under an ocean it could be the chance for the series, not to necessarily end, but rest in peace and on a high note. NO need for evil, a master sword, a hero of time and Zelda could establish a whole new system for the land.

But then no, fuck that "We're calling this place New Hyrule, and we'll be exactly the same as Old Hyrule".

Skyward Sword:
I'm just gonna put it bluntly, but I really don't have many nice points to say about Skyward Sword. I really don't feel the need to rant about it because I've done it before. But in a nutshell, everything the Zelda series established was ruined in a single game. The graphics where passable yet made worse by a crap system running in 360P with no anti-aliasing. With THEE WORST CONTROL SCHEME FOR A GAME EVER! I hate hate HATE motion controls. I can't begin to think who at Nintendo said "Yeah we have a working nun-chuck analogue stick but no, we'll use MOTION PLUS CONTROLS". As I said, there's so much more but I don't wanna rant on it.

A Link Between Worlds:
It's by no means a bad game but it's Zelda fan fiction published by Nintendo. It's riding off the success and promise that A Link to the Past created but made only worse by some really questionnable choices. The very second I saw "Evil guy stealing shrine maidens or princess/save the world" I sighed and quit. I love the wall painting mechanic but that's it's. Such a superficial game that brings nothing to the Zelda series. Same music, same locations, surprisingly bland and empty world, the list goes on. Again, not a badly made game, but the most pointless.
I call it fan fiction because calling the opposite dimension world 'Lorule' is just "wow yeah um no". And that plot twist/character reveal is also just as silly.

The Zelda series has now become Wash Rinse Repeat. I know, I'm hard on the Zelda series but Nintendo really are running out of ideas. The more people begin to say to Nintendo that Mario and Zelda really are just the samey old shit, then the sooner we actually get more decent fulfilling games. But these rose-tinted glasses, nostalgia and fear or criticising Nintendo seems to stop people from looking at the games objectively. Again, it's because I care :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: That one game series that keeps on getting worse and worse. - by BumblebeeCody - 11-26-2014, 04:28 PM