Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Games that gaming studios should go back to
Lets face it. We've seen Mario, Sonic, and hell even endless first person shooter games from most of the time. But every now and then there's that one series that is never touched by the developer, and is often overlooked from seeing the chance of the light of day of getting a new game. What are gaming franchises that gaming studios have been sitting on that should be touched again for another installment? Name the studio, the game that they own, and why they should go back to it.

Sega has a ton of one shot games. But they are too heavily focused on Sonic to notice. I know it would be sweet to see a different game from them besides Sonic. Maybe a new Nights game for the Wii U, a remastered version of Comix Zone, a new adventure with Billy hatcher, and so on. I know that at one point someone pitched to Sega a new Streets of Rage game, but that didn't end up getting made. Most of the other games that Sega owns aren't likely seeing the chance of a new game since in their eyes, its not 'a certain blue hedgehog' that makes $$.

Square enix should really focus on something else besides Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. They got other RPG series to make games out of. Yet, nothing has happened with them recently. Chrono trigger(it may have gotten ported to the DS, but thats not strong enough for square to convince them to make more out of it). Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, and what they own on Super Mario RPG(the original content like Geno, Mallow, etc) to name a few. I know for a fact that I'd like to see a new 2D styled Chrono Trigger game for the 3DS and Wii U. But I'm not holding my breath on the matter since some of the people who worked on the first Chrono game had left the company. Along with the fact that they aren't interested in making anything for the Wii U. Honestly, KH and FF have run their course. A new Chrono game would be awesome for the 3DS if they handle it right. 

Messages In This Thread
Games that gaming studios should go back to - by CLXcool - 12-11-2014, 10:01 PM