Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Upcoming/Recently released 3DS JRPG's
(08-11-2015, 04:04 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Another big factor is simply that the market just isn't as big as it was when the DS came out. Think about it, they started selling the Nintendo DS in 2004. It will have been 11 years since the first DC was made retail in 3 months. The PS2 had only been around for 4 years. The last single player Final Fantasy game to come out on the ps2 was in 2006.
This was before the advent and popularization of multiplayer console games, where first person shooters existed but were eclipsed by fighting games, racing games, rpgs, platformers, and music games.

Handheld games are just a lot cheaper to make because a lot of marketing relies on visuals, so graphical limitations actually serve to incentivize the system. That's partly why the Vita did so poorly.

All very true. I still find it interesting though, because that means for me, since RPG's are my favorite genre, that handhelds are currently my favorite systems. I guess that shows how much things have changed though since the PS2 used to be my favorite system for that same reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upcoming/Recently released 3DS JRPG's - by RepentantSky - 08-12-2015, 01:36 PM