Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
#WTFU
Starting off with this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVqFAMOtwaI

I want to know what people think about fair use. The rest of this post will assume you watched this video, so please do, if you ever cared about content creators on youtube, it's very vital that you do. That said what do you think about the points brought in this video, about how a certain kind of claim can allow the one who issued it a chance to take all the money you make on a video until the claim is dropped or resolved, or how it can take up to two months to handle a claim, or how having a strike doesn't allow you to dispute a claim. There's already a lot of this happening as is, but it only gets worse when you consider how none of the the blame for a claim ever goes to those who issue it, or how most of them are automated. Critic is right in saying that this borders on the illegal, it's basically theft that's allowed to happen, and with no consequence.
This has been a problem with gaming as well, which is why I put it here, namely since Total Biscuit has an issue a few years back, but it affects everyone who creates content, so my question's are, what do we do about this? Can we as fans of content creators do anything? My first thought would be to boycott companies who do this, but that's harder said than done, even more so since the claims can be outsourced like that. The idea that claims can happen that often is also frightening to say the least. I have a lot of thoughts running through my head thinking about this, but none of them really come to an answer. However, this is something that needs to be addressed, because it's like SOPA or PIPA or already in effect. So, I don't know, any thoughts? Possible solutions? I'm at a loss here.

This second video here is very important as the title suggests, because it shows that claims can be made on content that you yourself create. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYL_eLZLfw8

I made this exact thread on the Game Trailers forum, but it's mostly been derailed by people who don't care or don't understand, but I wanted to see where it might differ here. This is a thing that hurts all content creators on YouTube, gaming channels included.  What's your stance on it?

Messages In This Thread
#WTFU - by RepentantSky - 02-18-2016, 07:54 AM
RE: #WTFU - by Psychospacecow - 02-19-2016, 12:27 AM
RE: #WTFU - by CLXcool - 02-21-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: #WTFU - by RepentantSky - 02-21-2016, 04:55 PM
RE: #WTFU - by SamuraiGaiden - 02-21-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: #WTFU - by RepentantSky - 02-22-2016, 04:40 AM
RE: #WTFU - by SamuraiGaiden - 02-23-2016, 05:44 AM
RE: #WTFU - by Psychospacecow - 02-25-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: #WTFU - by CLXcool - 02-25-2016, 08:09 PM
RE: #WTFU - by Psychospacecow - 02-25-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: #WTFU - by CLXcool - 02-26-2016, 07:31 PM