Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Is Piracy justified?
For a small project in one of my classes, I have to do a 90 second presentation of something and I thought I would do it on piracy and if it's a justifiable act.

I thought it'd be an interesting topic to talk about so why not.

Do you guys feel piracy is justifiable? These were some of the reasons I came up with.

It doesn't hurt big companies as much as you think.
Pirating stuff can be good. You could tell others and they could buy the product. Free advertisement really.
Companies pirate stuff as well. It's not just us.
Companies bring this on themselves. You can't get some content in some countries, you have no other option.
Piracy can also make YOU buy stuff.
Poor people need this, or if the rates are very high (Australians have to pay like 90-110 dollarydoos for games)
Anti Piracy can hurt consumers a lot more. DRM can be more hassle than it's worth and can hurt paying customers more than pirates.
If the company behind the product is gone, the true developers are gone, you're just giving money to some faceless company.

Obviously, I'm just using an interesting topic. I think it can be justified in a few ways as seen above, but mostly it's just for people who don't have the money and/or they're selfish.

What about you guys? Also, any more ideas to throw at me would be nice.

Messages In This Thread
Is Piracy justified? - by retrolinkx - 02-23-2016, 09:53 AM
RE: Is Piracy justified? - by Takahashi2212 - 02-23-2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Is Piracy justified? - by Psychospacecow - 02-23-2016, 10:40 AM
RE: Is Piracy justified? - by SamuraiGaiden - 02-23-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Is Piracy justified? - by Takahashi2212 - 02-23-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: Is Piracy justified? - by Melcadrien - 02-23-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: Is Piracy justified? - by SamuraiGaiden - 02-23-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: Is Piracy justified? - by Psychospacecow - 02-23-2016, 11:07 PM