Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's talk about music.
I don't have a specific genre or style of music that I listen to, but rather the songs that I find appealing. There are three artists in which I listen to a majority of their music, though: Queen, ABBA, and Rick Astley.

Queen- I love Queen. They're so much more than just their main hits. I even like their songs that go against their original style are entertaining, such as Body Language. Classic rock was one of the genres I grew up around, as my father listens to Chicago, Boston, REO Speedwagon and the sort.

ABBA- Just like how I grew up around classic rock, I also grew up around ABBA because of my mother. It's her favorite band and I eventually embraced their music as well. It's one of the reasons I love the musical Mamma Mia! It's a good play, but a butchering of a movie. The official soundtrack to it is great, but the actual versions in the movie are awful. I especially hate how they did Lay All Your Love On Me in it.

Rick Astley- It may or may not come as a shock to you, but it tends to come across as a joke to most when I utter the phrase, "I listen to Rick Astley." Jokes, comments, and sudden outbursts of Never Gonna Give You Up commence, but it no longer bothers me. I listen to all of his music, ranging from his early days of 80's pop hits to his soulful ballads and even his more recent experiments of different genres. He has some amazing music beyond his #1 hits. A fun fact, he does some great covers.

Those are my main artists, but I listen to certain songs that appeal to me. I have a few Chicago, Boston, and REO Speedwagon songs as I mentioned earlier. Some Michael Jackson, Hall & Oates, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Ben E. King, Journey, and others just mix-matched. I have some Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Beethoven, Mozart, and Dvorak. This will sound really 2012, but I have some PSY, as well as other K-Pop artists. I have some one-on-one-off songs like Another Irish Drinking Song by Da Vinci's Notebook and others like that. I even have some random songs from YouTube that I like, primarily Schmoyoho's Songify the News and Songify This! songs. I also love musical soundtracks, mainly because theatre is my future career.

To summarize, my playlist has a little bit of everything. Except country. Well, unless you count John Mellencamp/Cougar as country. But then I'll refuse to call him country. Too bad this area is hardcore country lovers. It's all that plays anywhere you go. But that's a topic for the Vent Thread.

Messages In This Thread
Let's talk about music. - by retrolinkx - 03-02-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by Psychospacecow - 03-02-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by Kakariko Kid - 03-02-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by ClaudX - 03-02-2016, 09:09 PM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by MeleeWaluigi - 03-02-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by CLXcool - 03-09-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by Psychospacecow - 03-09-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by gamemaster1991 - 03-09-2016, 06:22 PM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by RepentantSky - 03-10-2016, 05:51 AM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by Arjahn - 06-29-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: Let's talk about music. - by retrolinkx - 06-30-2016, 05:40 AM