Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Playstation Vita Thread
I have a Vita and really glad that I got one, not just because of the cross buy option either. The handheld is actually really good with probably one of the best handheld screens that I have ever known (along with the Wiz, obscure Korean handheld that runs emulators). Yes, I have Gravity Rush (the game that people always mention first on the console, either that or Persona 4), WipEout 2048, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Everybody's Golf, Virtua Tennis 4, LittleBigPlanet PSVita as well as the really good ports of Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed and Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

Not just the retail games but also downloadable games such as The Pinball Arcade, Jetpack Joyride, Alien Breed, PlayStation All-Stars, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (all of them free), Super Stardust Delta and the almost complete but much better than the retail version of Ridge Racer with only the Daytona car and a couple of music tracks as paid DLC. Well it was on sale and worked out cheaper to get that one than it is for the very bare bones retail version. It is the only console that I have ever known that gave me free games, well unless you count Chu Chu Rocket on the Dreamcast (hmm...). I have already used up my 4GB memory card that came with the system and got myself an 8 GB one and nearly used that up too but should be good enough for now.

My only concern are the games (and the memory card prices but that is another thing) and little is planned in the future. Apart from Soul Sacrifice that seems to be the big game after selling like hotcakes in Japan, Tearaway, MotoGP (hopefully Milestone can make this one good), Killzone and the indies that I'm glad are coming out just for that needed boost; there doesn't seem to be anything which is a shame cause the Vita could do with the support since it is a handheld that does things right and learnt from the mistakes of the PSP (the UMD drive, the half focus on movies/TV shows) but with people focusing on the Yellow Peril that is phone gaming and some of the big guns just focusing on PS4/new Xbox/PC gaming meaning that fewer developers would support the console. Some big names like Sega, Konami, Capcom, Take Two (that's Rockstar and 2K Games), Namco, Square-Enix, EA (boo) having little to no support on the system or have supported it but looks like they might not in the future. To be honest, I think only Sony and Warner Bros supported the console quite well with Tecmo Koei doing decently since it seems to be one of them 3 that are releasing anything, well more in Japan in terms of Tecmo Koei.

Even if Sony said that they will discontinue the Vita tomorrow (I hope not but have to be realistic for the future), it will be fine since it has not as much licensed/cheaply made shovelware compared to phones, PC, Wii, DS (later stage), PS2 (later stage) where there are a ton of them and while the library is smaller compared to most systems (probably the likes of the Virtual Boy, Lynx, 32X and the Wii U so far [but will increase in the future] having less than the Vita), it is full of quality with fewer bad games with Resistance Vita, Call of Duty Black Ops Vita [same developer], Lego Batman 2, Spy Hunter [both 3DS ports that don't take advantage of the graphical increase] and arguably WRC 3 [due to 3.3 GB filesize restriction] being the weakest games on the system.

The only thing that I would like on it if I have to choose is Gran Turismo Vita really but just can't see Polyphony make one after all the PSP and the PS3 ones were meant to be launch titles and ended up being released 3 years later.

Messages In This Thread
Playstation Vita Thread - by 2D Brain - 04-03-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by Mass Distraction - 04-03-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by TheTrueBoss997 - 04-03-2013, 08:00 AM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by Yawackhary - 04-03-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by BumblebeeCody - 04-03-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by Mass Distraction - 04-04-2013, 08:23 AM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by BumblebeeCody - 04-04-2013, 09:55 AM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by 2D Brain - 04-05-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by RepentantSky - 04-03-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by TheTrueBoss997 - 04-04-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: Playstation Vita Thread - by Berry - 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM