Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
American McGee's Alice Trivia
In the PC version of the 2011 rerelease, the copyright splash screen at startup is different that the one found in the original release.

[Image: 8duxddS.png]
(original release version)

[Image: Ut9AFVI.png]
(2011 version)

Funny enough, the original version is still in the games files in pak0.pk3, it's just that this new version is loaded in it's place.

During one of the cutscenes, Alice will say the line "I shouldn't think so. I'm a person, and just now I wish to become very small. About this big." (soundfile alcz1008.wav in the game's files) However, there is a different take of the line in the game's files that goes "I shouldn't think so. I'm a girl, and just now I wish to become very small. About this big." (soundfile alcz1008b.wav in the game's files).

Both the original release and the 2011 rerelease use the version with the word "person" in it, so this different take goes unused in both versions.

http://picosong.com/tKAm/
("Person" take)

http://picosong.com/tKAG/
("Girl" take)

The symbols on Alice's dress are different between releases and promotional material. On her official render (seen on the boxart), the two symbols are a pitchfork, and the symbol of Jupiter. In game, the two symbols are the symbol of Venus (albeit rotated about 45 degrees to the left), and what appears to be a sort of pinwheel. The symbols were changed once again in the 2011 rerelease, where she has the symbol of Venus (upside down), and the symbol of Jupiter. This falls in line with the design used in the sequel, Madness Returns.

[Image: latest?cb=20150314175019]
(official render)
[Image: cOjY2LO.jpg]
(original release)

[Image: latest?cb=20151108165715]
(2011 version)

When asked why the change was made, American McGee said "the difference in symbols might have to do with poor communication/planning and/or might have to do with the marketing department being overly sensitive about the symbols and their meanings. Too much time has passed for me to remember exactly what caused the differences. "

Messages In This Thread
American McGee's Alice Trivia - by Takahashi2212 - 07-24-2016, 03:35 AM