Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
American McGee's Alice Trivia
According to "The Art of Alice: Madness Returns", The original Alice was EA's first ever M-rated game. In his interview done for Spencer Haplin's Mortal Kombat, American McGee admitted he fought to get the game an M-rating because he didn't want parents to confuse the game as child-friendly. However, he later stated that he regrets this decision, saying that the violence in the game did not warrant such a high rating.

Link to the Art of Alice: Madness Returns. The game's rating is mentioned on page 7.

here is a transcription of what American McGee said in Mortal Kombat. I'll try to update this with an actual clip of the movie.

American McGee: You know, when we were working on Alice I actually fought to get a mature rating because I felt that I didn't want an Alice product to hit the shelves at Christmas and confuse parents into thinking it was for their kids. Looking back on that, I wish that I had not fought for the M rating because I think that the violence in the game never really warranted it. I think that, as long as an industry is self-regulating, and I think as long as individuals take responsibility, the government shouldn't have to step in to regulate entertainment.

Messages In This Thread
American McGee's Alice Trivia - by Takahashi2212 - 07-24-2016, 03:35 AM
RE: American McGee's Alice Trivia - by Takahashi2212 - 12-21-2017, 03:43 AM