Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game Shows
I was actually a pretty big fan of these. I thought getting the Game Show Network meant that I'd be seeing a lot of classics that were on before I was born as well as stuff that was on when I was a kid... Not so much. It's more like the 24/7 Family Feud Channel. Not even the good one with Richard Dawson; it's with Steve Harvey. Yuck.

I loved the update to Hollywood Squares that was on when I was a kid; I'd like to see that again as well as the old one where Paul Lynde was the center square. His voice was just fantastic to hear, plus he was the Hooded Claw in the Perils of Penelope Pitstop.

Win Ben Stein's Money was good too. Basically Jeopardy at the beginning and then matching wits with Ben Stein, but way more casual and entertaining.

I have caught both versions of Whammy on GSN, but I want them to put The Match Game on again at a proper hour. All those old celebrities I actually know are terrific!

Let's see... I also recall Super Market Sweep. The games were kind of dumb, but stillĀ a nice way to kill a half hour.

A few years back there was It's Worth What as just a filler show that involved contestants answering questions about antiques I wish they would have kept going.

Do you guys watch any modern game shows? How about older ones? What have been your favorites? Also, when I get home and have time to look I should find some of my favorite bloopers. The ones from game shows are always the funniest.

Two that really stick out is a woman from Family Feud who was asked "What month does a woman look the most pregnant?" and she answered "September!" and then one from one of the many Pyramid reboots where a guy had to make someone say "Birkenstocks" and his clue was "Those ugly shoes that lesbians wear!" and his partner guess it right away xD

Messages In This Thread
Game Shows - by Hexadecimal - 09-05-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: Game Shows - by retrolinkx - 09-05-2016, 05:38 PM
RE: Game Shows - by Hexadecimal - 09-05-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Game Shows - by retrolinkx - 09-09-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Game Shows - by Hexadecimal - 09-09-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: Game Shows - by gamemaster1991 - 09-05-2016, 09:50 PM