Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game Shows
(09-09-2016, 04:27 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:32 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:38 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Yeah, I like Game shows. They're fun and entertaining and I do always like trying to guess the answers to them.

I remember my mother told me that my grandfather used to instantly answer the questions on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. He would never get a single one wrong as well. The sad part was, when my uncle would try and get him to be on the show, he couldn't go on because he was blind and thus couldn't answer the questions (since there's a system the determines who plays and doesn't) and even with help from my uncle there could only be on contestant who could play. Shame really.

I've always wished there were vidya game shows, I'd love to test my knowledge for some money in a similar manner to Who wants to be a Millionaire.

DUDE. They could have absolutely worked something out so you're grandfather could play. Jeopardy once had a blind contestant and he was amazing. Gosh that's not fair Millionaire just flat out said "No".

This was the late 90's and in Ireland. There was no way he could've played because the way the game chooses you to be the next contestant is that you're circled around the floor, and the contestant that goes up first will be asked questions and you will be asked the same questions, the person who answered the questions the fastest and gets them right are the ones who go on first.

Since my grandfather couldn't see the panel you'd have to press, he'd be at a disadvantage as he'd have to tell my uncle to press the specific button several seconds later. Plus, but the rules of the game. My Uncle would've been the one who was answering the questions, not my grandfather.

It's BS either way, but those were the rules and the reasoning.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH now that makes sense! See, I was super confused because I have never seen it played that way, just the standard American version. That does make it more complicated. It would be hard for them to find a way to make it "fair" so other people wouldn't be dicks and complain they just let your grandfather on because of being blind. You just know someone would have tried to pull that >< 

I was just watching Deal or no Deal now and I can't remember the last time I wanted a contestant to do well. This adorable woman from Alaska came on and she and her family were a delight to watch. They were all so happy, energetic, and supportive of one another.

She took a deal that was a bit over $200,000 even thought she had I think it was $200,000, $400,000, and $500,000 left in addition to three very small amounts on the board. Howie said exactly what I was thinking: This woman didn't want to gamble away her kids' future. 

In the end she made a great deal. The next case she would have opened was the $500,000 and it never got back up to the amount she took home. She had $200,000 in her case. 

Kudos to her for not being greedy. I genuinely hope she's living a comfortable life now.

Messages In This Thread
Game Shows - by Hexadecimal - 09-05-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: Game Shows - by retrolinkx - 09-05-2016, 05:38 PM
RE: Game Shows - by Hexadecimal - 09-05-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Game Shows - by retrolinkx - 09-09-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Game Shows - by Hexadecimal - 09-09-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: Game Shows - by gamemaster1991 - 09-05-2016, 09:50 PM