Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Adventures in Pokemon Yellow (Virtual Console)
OK, so the Virtual Console version CANNOT handle Missingno. At all. It with either freeze or crash hard.

Right now I'm really, really upset because I think I've permanently messed up my save file and need to restart. After the Teleport glitch I fought a Channel and then headed left to where you're supposed to use the underground tunnel to reach Celadon City to trigger what I expected to be a random encounter.

I think the text was "Let's roll the dice!" before a Gambler fought me with two Poliwags and a Poliwhirl that were all at level 22. After that happen, a text box with nonsense popped up before a Gambler with the exact same team fought me. After that I healed at the Pokemon Center and then made my fatal mistake... I saved.

Now when I try to head left my character's movements are extremely laggy and the Start button will not work. However, it's fine anywhere else. Snorlax has vanished thanks to my screwing around so I guess I could just try and take the bottom path and go around; maybe after some more fights and such the game will fix itself? Only thing is that I need that Gambler that's near the entrance to the tunnel to keep doing the glitch with. You cannot catch an Electabuzz in Yellow under normal circumstances but I know which Biker makes him spawn after using the glitch.

This never happened when I screwed around with the Game Boy version. The game's clock says I have 11 hours in but I know it's a lot more because of how much I've experimented. If I can't get it to fix itself by the next time I play I think it will be a long time before I feel like restarting again and my adventure has come to an abrupt end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adventures in Pokemon Yellow (Virtual Console) - by Hexadecimal - 09-25-2016, 10:27 PM