Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
I posted a rant about Evoland earlier, so imma quote myself here.
Quote: I agree with Lightmatt here, it seems like it's trying to pull itself on Nostalgia and nostalgia alone, without bringing anything new to the table. It's sort of like Retro City Rampage, just not as much fun. When the game referenced Final Fantasy for the seventeenth time, It didn't make me laugh, if anything it made me want to shut off the game and go play some Final Fantasy.Sorry for the bitterness, but I'm just getting tired of this huge fascination with Nostalgia nowadays, yeah It's great to have and a lot of older games are genuinely timeless and remain a ton of fun, but nowadays technology has advanced and I'd like to see it used to either enhance the experiences of older-style games beyond their previous limits, a lot like how Super Meat Boy was both a throwback yet still an incredible, challenging game, or for the industry to use that technology to make newer-styled games that are fun and engaging, like Deus Ex or Team Fortress 2. Nostalgia is fine, but when it become the sole selling point of an otherwise sub par game, it irritates me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Arjahn - 04-20-2013, 09:22 PM