Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Games you hated as a kid but loved as an adult (and vise versa).
So what are some of those games you really hated as a kid, but as you grew up and replayed them you really loved them (or vise versa)?

For me it's definitely Zelda 1/2.

I had the NES GBA versions and after playing the other games (LTTP/LA/MC etc.) going back to the first two was annoying.

I didn't hate Zelda 1 that much, but I honestly had no idea where to go since games like LTTP and MC gave you a map with a direction. Looking back I wish someone told me to make a map since I would've loved to do that a kid and it would've helped in the long run. I could never find the second dungeon and would usually die before I got there. Zelda 2 on the other hand was just so difficult and different to any other Zelda game I just disliked it.

Replaying them in 2013 was a lot more fun. I had a map for both just so I knew where to go, and consulted a guide whenever I didn't. Zelda 1 was just a basic Zelda game so I liked it once I knew what I was doing, as for 2 I really loved it. From the music to the world map that game was really cool and unique, loved the combat too once I got the hang of it, very challenging.

Another game would be The World Ends With You. My brother got it in 2007 and loved it, and told me I should play it but I honestly HATED the controls. I really didn't like using buttons and the touch screen to play (and I still don't) so I put the game off for 10 years. I liked everything else about the game, but hated the gameplay. I eventually went back to it last summer and really enjoyed it, the boat has passed for me to really love it sadly. It seems like one of those games that I would've put in my top ten back when I was 11 and would've stuck with me since but sadly, that won't happen. Spoiler:Although, if it was anything like me playing Phoenix Wright I probably would've had a cringeworthy phase in regards to the game, so at least THAT never happened.

If it counts as well, I didn't really like games like Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption and Fallout 3 until years later (although, I don't like Fallout 3 as much as I did, but I don't hate it as much as I did before). The other two I played as a teenager and didn't like them as much, but over time I grew to tolerate and even enjoy them even though my first playthrough wasn't that enjoyable with them.

Although, there is no game I can think of I loved as a kid and really hate now. They were all pretty good and I still enjoy them today.

Messages In This Thread
Games you hated as a kid but loved as an adult (and vise versa). - by retrolinkx - 05-02-2018, 05:12 PM