Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
TES IV: Oblivion Easter Eggs and Cut Content Thread
The player was originally supposed to receive a note from Lucien Lachance, instead of him appearing after you sleep. You were also supposed to access his hideout in Fort Farragut much earlier than in the final game (you are tasked with finding his hideout much later in the questline). The note reads, "You sleep rather soundly for a cold-blooded killer. That's good. You'll need a clear conscience for what I'd like to propose. For there is much I can offer you. The taking of a life has its own pleasures, of course, but the taking of a life for the Dark Brotherhood is an act worthy of immeasurable reward.
If you're intrigued, and I suspect you are, come visit me at the ruins of Fort Farragut. If you survive the descent down to the bottom level where I reside, I'll know you're capable of all the Dark Brotherhood has to offer." 

It appears that handbills and couriers were meant to be much more prominent, as handbills for may businesses in the game appear in the files, but go unused. Handbills even exist for temples in the game. 

An unused Hood of the Apprentice exists, most likely given to the player alongside the Robes of the Apprentice when accepted into the Arcane University.
[Image: OB-icon-clothing-GreyRobeHood.png]

An unused King of Worms Hood exists, and was most likely meant to be worn by Mannimarco.
[Image: OB-icon-clothing-KingOfWormsHood.png]

An unused "Lock" spell exists in the files (as well as Easy Lock and Average Lock), but it goes unused in the final game. It would have locked containers and doors. The files include several warnings which read "DO NOT USE". "Lock" existed as a spell in TES III: Morrowind.

An unused "Darkness" spell exists in the files, but ultimately goes unused. It acts oppositely to the "Light" spells in the game, making an area darker (most likely to make it easier to sneak and remain undetected). Similar to the unused "Lock" spell it contains many "DO NOT USE" warnings. 

There's a disease in-game called "Ticklebritch" that typically goes unused in normal gameplay, but the DLC Mehrune's Razor provides a singular way to contract it. If the player picks up a certain hoe in Sundercliff Mines, they will contract the disease. Given that the only way to contract this disease is through picking up a hoe, this is likely a joke by developers alluding to STDs. 

An unused disease named "Elytra Hatchling Disease" exists, but goes entirely unused. 

Game files suggest certain abilities were meant to be connected to the Dark Brotherhood questline, but go unused. An ability named "Night Mother's Blessing" would have increased Blade, Sneak, Security, Marksman, and Acrobatics by 2. A Chameleon ability with the ID name "DarkNightMotherFade" also exists, suggesting a connection to the guild.

The game files reveal that High Elves were originally supposed to be 50 points vulnerable to Fire, Frost, Shock, and Magic. In the final game, they only have a 25 points vulnerability, with no general vulnerability to Magic.

An unused ability named "Shadowmere's Invisibility" exists, but was scrapped. It was most likely to be used to turn the mount, Shadowmere, invisible. However, if activated, it provides a low-level Chameleon effect, rather than full invisibility. 

https://tcrf.net/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion

Messages In This Thread
RE: TES IV: Oblivion Easter Eggs and Cut Content Thread - by ClaudX - 06-09-2020, 11:22 AM