Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(06-27-2013, 12:47 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: PN: There was a big focus on Story with Brawl, notably with SSE, the very first "story mode" of the series. Is there anything similar with the new SSB?

S: Actually we are not planning to include a similar story mode this time around. As you already know SSB has a great number of different characters who all had their own cutscenes in Story mode. These were supposed to be rewards for players finishing this mode with every characters.

I think this is fun for players but at the same time all these cutscenes ended up on the internet. Players watched them online, which didn't correspond to our intent when we made them in the first place. That's why we won't do the same this time.

Nevertheless we will still present the new characters with intro cutscenes, as we already did with the Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer. We have several collaboration to make these cutscenes at the moment.
No more story mode? That's kinda disappointing, especially for the reason given here. I loved unlocking the endings, and I'm pretty sure there are quite a few players like me who didn't watch the cutscenes on Youtube. SSE wasn't the best, but it was a fun little mode to play by myself when all my friends are busy with classes/work/life. I'm really sad to see it go.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by Raven - 06-28-2013, 11:08 PM