Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How do you motivate yourself?
Pretty much a combination of what everyone said is good. Again it depends on what it is.
In your case with Studying, I would recommend you space your work out over a period of days. I had a problem doing history essays (due a week later) so I spaced the essay out from 80-100 words a day. At the end of the week, around 850 words and the essay is complete, unless you have a good point, you'll most likely add more than 100 and it's good to keep your train of thought consistent... but it works! After a short time you'll end up saying "I could actually do more" so you'll do 110 or 120 and it starts to get easier for you. If it not with words then it's with points. Come up with a point and talk it about it but make it one point per day. It's not so bad if you space it out.

This also applies to jobs. I had multiple jobs to do but have 3 days spare, so I spread the jobs out over the days and was done. It means you won't get lazy during a task and you can put more dedication into (getting your haircut, shopping, forcing yourself to read a comic etc).

For stuff you WANT to do like cleaning the house of excercise, I'd recommend watching TV while hoovering. You'll get distracted sure, but if you have nothing else to do during the day, you may as well take your time and hoover during the breaks.

For exercise I usually put on a podcast like The Gamestation podcast or another that is rather long which means after about an hour of listening to it while working out, you have more of that podcast to use at a later date. If not that then a live Twitch Stream is also good. Surprisingly "just doing it" is simple. Set a plan and do it.

Edit: Just realised I already posted in this.

Messages In This Thread
How do you motivate yourself? - by Keebix - 05-14-2013, 04:05 AM
RE: How do you motivate yourself? - by Ouberry_13 - 05-14-2013, 07:44 AM
RE: How do you motivate yourself? - by Berry - 05-14-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: How do you motivate yourself? - by cingchris - 05-14-2013, 06:36 PM
RE: How do you motivate yourself? - by Newt - 05-14-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: How do you motivate yourself? - by BumblebeeCody - 05-15-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: How do you motivate yourself? - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-23-2018, 02:11 PM
RE: How do you motivate yourself? - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 10-22-2018, 06:04 PM