Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My Best Friend is a Super Saiyan so Let's Watch Anime!
[Image: tqSPHly.png]

Let me start by saying the purpose of this thread is to stop clogging up the "General Anime/Manga/Otaku Thread" thread and attempt to generate more interest in this.

Welcome to the anime streaming thread; where we stare at motion pictures of school girls with really huge eyes. If you ever wanted to get into anime or discover new series or just want to chill with some of the forum members then come on in and join the party! Stream goes from 3 to ??? (If the playlist runs out or if nobody's watching it anymore.)

[Image: aDVsjwe.gif]What is Anime?

Well to put it simply:

ChipCheezum Wrote:It's cartoons like Popeye, but from Japaan~

No but seriously, Anime are Japanese animated productions featuring hand-drawn or computer animation. Anime includes animated television series, short films and full-length feature films. The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese. In English, the term is defined as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastic themes. The intended meaning of the term sometimes varies depending on the context. This is an anime:

[Image: Nr7yOkf.png]

[Image: aDVsjwe.gif]What Kinds of Anime will be Shown?

Any! It doesn't matter if it's good, bad, subbed, dubbed, shonen, shoujo, anime for dogs, movies, specials, etc. we're gonna see them all.* Each anime is given a fair shot to show off whatever its got. If it's bad, feel free to riff on it in chat for your entertainment. The purpose of these streams is to allow you the chance to find new stuff to get into. Also please support the official releases whenever possible and available.

*We're not actually gonna see them all.

[Image: aDVsjwe.gif]Important Info
  • To participate in chat you need to register an account.
  • Don't be a jerk in chat.
  • In-between showings there will be a 2-4 minute intermission. Please use this time to make a snack, stretch your legs, whatever humanly needs you need to take care of.
  • Streaming starts at 3:00 PM Central Time every other Friday (starting on May 24).

Important Linkz:

http://justin.tv/flufflover (Primary channel.)
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/3763955 (Secondary channel.)

Miscellaneous Fluff

6/7/2013: Stream is moved to tomorrow at 3p.m. due to internet problems.

6/21/2013: I'm gonna have to cancel today's stream as I'm gonna go somewhere where I'll have very limited interwebs so we'll see if we can do it next week. Additionally, with my roommate moving out I no longer have access to a router meaning I can't stream and watch my stream/use the chat unless I can think of something around this (Coupled with the other issues of streaming) or we consider a format change.

Alternate Thread Titles

-A Classmate Gave me Superpowers so Let's Watch Anime!

-Help! My Eyes are too Huge and the Only Cure is Watching Anime!

-Let's Watch Anime! - ^_^Kawaii kiwi desuuuuuuuuuuu~~~~~^_^

-Let's Watch Anime - Where a Slap in the Face Sounds the Same in Every Language

Messages In This Thread
My Best Friend is a Super Saiyan so Let's Watch Anime! - by Combat Lobster - 05-15-2013, 07:10 AM