Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What other forums/messageboards have you been a part of?
Since this thread still exists I guess it's time to post my own adventures. Oh, and it has been fun reading all of your stories, keep 'em coming :D

Hmm... I guess I'll start from the first one I was on, then the second and so forth. Well, as best as I can remember anyway.

Finnish Dragon Ball Online The first forum I was ever on, and this was back when Dragon Ball became a big thing around here. I didn't know much English back then so it was nice to have a forum in my own language. In the end, I kinda drifted away from the place after the manga series ended and the place became inactive. For a time I used to go back there to update my anime list but then I found Animewatcher and Anime-Planet so I left alltogether.

Final Fantasy Finland For quite a long time this was the most comprehensive FF sites I found back in the day when Internet still wasn't full of information and Wikipedia didn't exist. I joined the forum to post in an argument about which is better, RE or SH and never came back after that. Curiously, I didn't remember which forum it was I joined in on that and now that I found it I posted again to see if the place is still alive. The actual website hasn't really updated after FFXII.

Teh Stream 2.0 Not exactly a forum but close enough. It was a chatroom mady by the animator Shadowleggy/Doubleleggy. That place was one of the most fun things I knew online and I even became friends with her boyfriend who also happened to be Finnish. Over time the place just got quieter and quieter and eventually I was the only one left with some random newcomers. I took off at that point. I know she has her own forums but I liked that place more.

Resident Evil Forums
Now this place I love, about as much as I love the series. The first fully English forum I joined and stuck ever since. I think I joined about a year after the site was created. From someone who got barely noticed to a group moderator to an actual moderator and finally, an admin. I've seen people come and go but this site is something I won't leave, ever. We even had our own chatroom but after two of my mods got hitched they kinda left the place and people stopped coming because of the lack of moderation. At least I still have the actual forums :) Why I choose this exact RE forum? I guess it was the first one that came up with google search. I almost joined a Finnish one, too, but decided against it.

Oregettin Mugen This is a MUGEN forum mostly dedicated to Mortal Kombat. I joined there to download a couple of characters and to follow this one dude's projects. At one point I was away for about a week and for some reason the guy making the project had gotten himself banned. I stuck around for a while but my interest faded and I didn't go back. Took a while to find this place again.

Mersufoorumit It was a Mercedes forum made by my friend but due to him and his other friends not really caring about hanging out online that much the place died down and is now extinct.

Gameing Forums I know it's spelled wrong. There was a guy on the REF Chat that at one point asked if me and a couple of others wanted to moderate his forum. We said why not and joined, though the forum never really took off and when we realized he was only doing the forum thing in hopes of getting money through donations we just left without saying a word. I don't think the place even exists anymore as I couldn't find it on google.

Nesretku.com Retku is basically the Finnish equivalent to AVGN, though he has seperated himself from that character over the years. Anyway, I thought about joining a general gaming forum and found out he had one so I joined but soon left due to the ridiculous inactivity. There was like one post a week.

DYKG/VGFacts In my search of a general gaming forum I stumbled upon DYKG, though first through the website itself. I thought about posting a few RE facts and then leave without a word but realized I still hadn't joined a gaming forum so I stuck around. Good thing I did, too. This, along with REF, are my favorite places online right now due to the really good community. I couldn't bear the death of DYKG forums so I just followed everyone here and kept posting.

I've also been a somewhat frequent user of two chans, Apokalauta (Finnish anime channel) and Ponychan (bronies everywhere). The chan system really wasn't for me as I prefer threads and messages that won't disappear to the depths of internet after a while and I like to actually know the people I'm talking to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What other forums/messageboards have you been a part of? - by Mass Distraction - 05-21-2013, 09:14 AM