Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Has nintendo lost touch in making games?
Nintendo were a top notch software and hardware. For me, Nintendo went downhill when the Wii came out. I've never felt so disappointed with a Nintendo console. There's to many problems with the Wii for me to go back to it. I feel Nintendo has a stubborn attitude to game design and no where is this more evident than their recent games like Skyward Sword of Mario games.

Nintendo are guilty of rehashing the same series formula while adding new features that are annoying than good. I'm mainly talking about these "help guides" they keep adding to their games. Sheikah stones, video playthroughs and in some cases, huge onscreen hints that're forced at the player like Fi. Nothing about the Wii U is impressive and all of the games are solid, but nothing special. They haven't lost their way in making games, but they're seriously stuck in the 90's catering to hardcore Nintendo fantards.
I'm hoping Nintendo flip the table and go all out on the new Zelda to really bring it to a modern era of game that is closer to games like The Witcher 2 while still retaining the Zelda atmosphere. If The Lost Woods looked like this (Xbox 360)...
[Image: 00023.jpg]...damn would that be awesome.

Otherwise we'll end up with another mehfest that was Skyward Sword which added nothing to the series other than a decent(ish) story and some of the best Link-Zelda character interaction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has nintendo lost touch in making games? - by BumblebeeCody - 06-30-2013, 01:15 PM