Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Any animation fans on here?
(07-17-2013, 07:26 PM)Wardenclyffe Wrote: Except wait a minute, maybe they're not. Because I thought Brave was a huge disappointment. The movie I saw in theaters was not the movie I was shown via trailers. I was expecting an awesome story featuring a, finally, female lead to trek across Scotland fighting bears and magic creatures and shit. And what did I get? "Oops, my mom's a bear now". Pixar can go blow.

I had high hopes for Brave as well. The trailer was definitely misleading, as I thought exactly the same way you did. I was not expecting a story focusing on the strained relationship between a girl and her mother. In fact, I think I annoyed my friends by pointing out that the girl basically poisoned her mom because they disagreed with each other.

I also was disappointed that it won over Wreck-It Ralph. Wreck-It Ralph had a much more interesting story, and in the end, a better message portrayed more effectively.

However, putting my expectations aside, I don't think Brave is a bad movie, although it is easily one of Pixar's weakest films. I would watch it again, if only to marvel at the lush animation.

Oh another note, I totally forgot to mention Dexter's Laboratory. That show was the bomb dot com, and it's the reason why I knew how to spell "laboratory" as a little kid.

Messages In This Thread
Any animation fans on here? - by CLXcool - 07-17-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: Any animation fans on here? - by Raven - 07-17-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: Any animation fans on here? - by CLXcool - 07-17-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Any animation fans on here? - by Wardenclyffe - 07-17-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: Any animation fans on here? - by Raven - 07-17-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: Any animation fans on here? - by Hexadecimal - 07-17-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Any animation fans on here? - by CLXcool - 07-21-2013, 10:22 AM
RE: Any animation fans on here? - by MexicanAnime - 07-18-2013, 12:08 AM