Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Most annoying things in video games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bad controls
31.25%
10 31.25%
Plotholes
0%
0 0%
Situations where you're stuck
25.00%
8 25.00%
Dialogue
0%
0 0%
Difficulty
12.50%
4 12.50%
Undefeatable enemies
0%
0 0%
Bosses that restore health
3.13%
1 3.13%
Bad sound/audio
3.13%
1 3.13%
Repetive gameplay
12.50%
4 12.50%
one hit moves that kill players.
12.50%
4 12.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The most annoying things in video games?
(11-29-2013, 05:16 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Stop me if you guys heard of this one. Good ideas with bad executions. Some of the time there's always that one game that has a very good premise, but in the end, the game turns out to be total crap. Mario's time machine is an example of this. The idea of Mario going through time sounds promising, but in the end the execution is poorly done.

My example would be the PS3 Six-Axis motion control. The games the used this that I've played anyway were Dark Sector (my first PS3 game I bought and played), Lair (dragon riding and fighting game) and Heavenly Sword.

Dark Sector let you use a weapon called a Glaive which is basically a circular boomerang like thing that you throw at enemies, helps you open doors, etc. However this becomes very tedious at times and often monotonous as this sometimes becomes your only weapon when you have no ammo left for guns. Overall a good idea but not well thought out. It was a launch title or close enough anyway to show off this concept.

Lair was a horrible game all together. You use the Six-Axis controls to steer your dragon while also trying to kill enemies on the ground and such. Again, cool idea but horribly executed. I played a similar game on the PS2 called Drakenguard which had you do pretty much the same thing but with waaaay better control to your dragon while fighting.

Heavenly Sword was actually the only one I've seen that used this to a decent if not excellent effect. You used it to guide projectiles like knives and weapons at enemies but with one character who uses a crossbow, you guide arrows over long distances to get better accuracy. It did take some trial and error to get a handle on it but once you did you find yourself taking out huge amounts of enemies then if you tried with just a cross-hair cursor.

Messages In This Thread
lolololololololololol - by Mass Distraction - 08-03-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: The most annoying things in video games? - by GameWizard001 - 11-29-2013, 05:40 PM