Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Champions of the People - Card Game Thesis
The name is purely filler, something that could change if someone has a better name, but let me explain.

Too often, games that have had good runs for quite a while get thrown ludicrously overpowered new decks that just ruin things by making these new amp'd up kind of decks the only viable option. There's just no indication of where the power comes from, so I figured that the only way to stop a card game from reaching this inevitable wreck was to make the supplier more important.

So, we have three main mechanics.

Prosperity - You start with 10 prosperity points. This is your current limit and can be lowered or raised with different cards. Everything you use costs prosperity points and if you can't pay the cost, you can't use the card.
At the beginning of each of your turns, your points reset, so as you start with a 10 points limit, you will have 10 points at the start of your turns.

Population - Every champion has a population cost equal to their prosperity cost. This adds up to your population limit. If you would surpass your population limit, you will not be able to summon a champion.

Fortune - Champion cards have a vita point system. Vita, being latin for life, represents a champion's current condition, like a health bar. Fortune represents how much of that health is restored to the champion on your turns.

Champions have their cost, an attack stat, a defense stat, and a life stat (vita)
If a champion with an attack stat higher than the defense stat of what it attacks then the difference counts as damage to the opponent's life points and the life of the card.
ATK - DEF = DMG
If the attack stat is lower than the other champion's defense stat, then you subtract attack from defense to equal what the defense will be for the rest of the turn. The difference between the two is reduced from the attacker's life stat.
DEF> ATK = DEF- ATK for remainder of turn
Vita - (DEF-ATK) = New Vita Value

There are 3 categories of cards in Champions,
Champions which act as your sword and shield and may have effects of their own,
strengths which cast an effect (like destroying attacking monsters, bolstering attack, healing monsters at the cost of prosperity),
and then there are counters, which are used in response to another action (say, a monster attacks, you pay so much prosperity and it doesn't attack)

If anyone is interested in helping me test out the game, after hearing its basic mechanics, then please say so on this thread. If two or more people volunteer, then I will post a basic deck I designed centered around elves. I figure a mirrored match would be simple for testing.

Messages In This Thread
Champions of the People - Card Game Thesis - by Psychospacecow - 08-17-2013, 06:43 PM