Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Do video games need extreme content?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
33.33%
3 33.33%
NO
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do video games need extreme content?
Majority amount of companies have proved that extreme content( realistic blood, nudity etc) is not the way to sell games. Examples are Nintendo, Rovio and other companies that you know are very friendly with consumers and pretty much end up getting huge sales.

I can understand trying to defend this statement like "Yeah they need it pretty much" or "Game designers are trying to make the virtual world more of reality" thing but the fact is games whether you like it or not are always virtual and should give you experiences that you couldn't feel in life. I always love trying to jump high to reach the tall tree but I can't and that's where Mario can do it and give me that jumping experience. I can't run really fast but I want to feel like running fast and that's what Sonic gives me that speed experience.

Games like Grand Theft Auto V or Battlefield give you the reality experience that you could easily do in reality. Stealing cars is something you can do and get caught for it. Being a soldier is something you can do to serve your country.

My point is, if at all we should have games that should look real just for the sake of saying next gen thing, why must games come to numerous amount of controversies? You can say anything you want about how Nintendo sometimes allows mature games to be in their console because I know quite a few of them(Eternal Darkness, Resident evil etc) but some of these games are made so they aren't real even though it looks real (Metroid Prime for example).

Messages In This Thread
Do video games need extreme content? - by Artwark - 09-16-2013, 11:50 AM