Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nostalgia: Does it live up to your memory
(10-17-2013, 10:16 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I've actually been pretty fortunate in that most games do keep their appealing to me, but it has to stay EXACTLY how I remember it. I got that whole nostalgia chill when I got the Star Fox 64 remake for the 3DS until... The characters spoke. I don't care that it's the same cast; the delivery is not the same at all and I stopped caring.

The only game where I realized it wasn't as hype as I remembered is actually Banjo-Kazooie, of all things. Short levels and that BS where if you die you have to collect notes all over again is infuriating. Plus, the whole plot element where Rare even admitted they forgot to turn Mumbo back into a human is a pretty serious error.

I've actually had 2 games be like that where it still holds up to my memory: First one was Legend of the Dragoon for PS1 and the other was FFIX. Both were the games that really made me more interested in video games, especially RPGs. Doesn't matter how much time has passed those games always stay great for me.

I don't think it would bother me too much with Star Fox with the different delivery for the characters, with the exception of Flippy in that I hope his annoying little cries for help aren't there. God that amphibious little pest annoyed me. That and depending on how you play could have an entire level to try and rescue him while playing in a tank which had the worst controls.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nostalgia: Does it live up to your memory - by GameWizard001 - 10-17-2013, 11:09 PM