Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nostalgia: Does it live up to your memory
(10-17-2013, 11:09 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: I don't think it would bother me too much with Star Fox with the different delivery for the characters, with the exception of Flippy in that I hope his annoying little cries for help aren't there. God that amphibious little pest annoyed me. That and depending on how you play could have an entire level to try and rescue him while playing in a tank which had the worst controls.

I am just crazy sensitive when it comes to voice acting. There was a situation in Persona 4: Golden where they could not get Chie and Teddy's original VAs back. Teddy is fine; he's extremely close to how he was in P4. Chie made me rage and changed her from being near the top of my favorite ladies to the very bottom because of how obnoxious she sounds.

(10-18-2013, 07:25 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: No. Because if you go back and play those old games you'll most likely realise they're a lot shittier than you remember...but those with rose tinted glasses/nostalgia boners think they're better than what's out today. Like how Pokemon Yellow and it's 150 Pokemon is better than Pokemon X/Y. Yeah sure, hipster.

I can't help but think this was a bit directed at me. I can't help that I'm not having as much fun with the newer Pokemon games as I did with the old ones, save SoulSilver/HeartGold, because they took two very good games and almost made them perfect.

I am looking more into X and Y and seems like they actually put a bit more effort into these games that they might be worth buying. Previous games really only added in more Pokemon and had a pretty half-assed story, IMO. In Red/Blue especially it felt like what you were doing was important. It was fun having such evil baddies to strike down and a rival you really wanted to crush. I really didn't care after Gold/Silver because the folks you were fighting against just got silly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nostalgia: Does it live up to your memory - by Hexadecimal - 10-18-2013, 10:21 AM