Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Nostalgia: Does it live up to your memory
(10-18-2013, 10:21 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I am just crazy sensitive when it comes to voice acting. There was a situation in Persona 4: Golden where they could not get Chie and Teddy's original VAs back. Teddy is fine; he's extremely close to how he was in P4. Chie made me rage and changed her from being near the top of my favorite ladies to the very bottom because of how obnoxious she sounds.

I should elaborate just a tish because this made me think of a game that had changed voice actors from the 1st to the sequel game. I agree that voice acting in general if you have it is important. Just replay the first couple of Resident Evil games to see some truly bad 90's voice acting. With regards to StarFox 64 I wasn't too into the voice acting. I was a little kid when it came out and all I cared about was flying around in a space fighter jet shooting things and tossing bombs at enemies....while flying through rings? (I'm a trained seal it seems with a deadly killing machine).

The game that came to mind with your statement was Xenosaga Episode 2. That game had several voice acting changes, one was actually good from the first to the second and the other 3 were terrible.

The good one was Shion's brother Jin. The first game only had him for like 2 seconds with a phone conversation so I didn't care too much. By the second game where he becomes a more prominent character and a playable one, did his voice become important especially since he is a powerful swordsman in the game.

The other 3; chaos, KOS MOS, and Shion herself where not great replacement voice actors. With the exception of chaos the other two got their original actresses to reprise the role for the 3rd and final game in the series. These characters all had solid actors playing them in the first game, each one unique and distinct. The sequel comes out and they sound like they got some college kids to come in and do the lines. I don't think it was any time issues cause the game is big and expands greatly on the story, with lots of little things in between like the previous game did. I haven't looked to much into it yet so I don't know why the originals didn't come back (scheduling conflicts maybe). Either way it didn't turn out good for the acting.

So Hexadecimal I agree with you, voice acting is really important if you wish to care what the character has to say else you could care less if they get killed off or something horrible happens to them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nostalgia: Does it live up to your memory - by GameWizard001 - 10-18-2013, 02:40 PM