Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Should the Chit Chat thread be locked?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
54.55%
6 54.55%
No
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

On the topic of the "Chit Chat" thread
"As the admin, and creator, of several large forums, I disagree entirely on your views. You're welcome to hold your view, but as somebody from a position with analytical data to back me up, I find you can't provide evidence to back up many of your claims. I don't believe running a forum besides the one in question gives any more value to your thoughts than being a member of the forum in question does. That is of higher value than anything"

I cannot as it would only result in "In my experience", which I will admit is the strong force behind these claims as I have seen this happen multiple times. At the same time, I can't disprove your claims nor can you do so for mine as it's all a matter of viewpoint and experience. Granted, this is your forum and you're allowed to do what you please (don't mean that as an insult), but I still desire that my input be mentioned.

"On all forums I have been involved in, Chit-Chat threads have caused segregation and separation, and devoid the forum from any in depth discussion. I understand why you feel the way you do as somebody who has been member for a long time and is already established here, but as somebody who isn't an hourly user of the forums, a fault of my own I admit. But, when you go to a forum and have to go through a single THREAD to read every new post that occured in the last 24 hours, you see an issue"

Most of what I would say here would be what I said of viewpoint, but let me add that in my experience, when a few members start to have a conversation that lasts a bit longer than expected, topic is usually made afterwards where they can have an in depth conversation while still posting in the regular chat.

"Just because we closed a thread doesn't mean we closed the forum, there is a whole board for those 10 threads you're insinuating you'd make - and if you had posted 10 posts in quick succession, we would have straight up suspended you for spamming anyway... So that would have just fallen flat anyway. I miss the point you attempted to make there"

That was just more of a snark and snide way to get my viewpoints and it shouldn't have been taken seriously. The reason I posted "Pre Face" and italics was because that really wasn't a "point" to back up my other paragraphs. I just found the idea funny and put it there for my own amusement, do not worry.

Well, my brain is currently fried from school and walking, so I have nothing else to add that wouldn't be me repeating myself constantly. Though so far, it may seem that I'm alone on this and it's just me having this problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the topic of the "Chit Chat" thread - by MexicanAnime - 10-28-2013, 01:28 PM