Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Stop with single image replies.
(11-05-2013, 02:30 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(11-05-2013, 02:14 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Do the mods agree with all this? They were very frequent posters in the chit chat thread and posted quite often pictures as worth noting in Matt's links.

I for one agree with the decision to close the chit-chat thread. I think that its closure has been conducive to more in-depth participation in other threads. The things talked about in that thread can more often than not be included in another thread.
I liked the chit-chat thread, I like the lack of chit-chat thread. I'm an easy goer :)

I also back the decision to stop single-image posts for posts that did not add much to the conversation. Like most good and fun things in life, it was tarnished by excess, which is why it was deemed necessary to take action.

Now, what I'm personally not against, are single-image posts that have text underneath that add to the conversation. If I posted a video of me doing the macarena, rather than just replying with only a gif displaying your disgust, you could post the gif with something below along the lines of "SERIOUSLY, you are a terrible dancer and I hope you never do this again." That would give me enough info to reply rather than chuckle at your disgust and move onto another thread.

This is my opinion. No matter what differences in opinion we have, I still love you all (platonically) and always look forward to clicking the "new posts" button when I log in.

I can't comment on the Chit Chat thread deal since it's only recent, though I have seen more or less the same amount of posts in other threads when it was around. I will give it the benefit of the doubt and wait though as activity may boost more later.

As for "tarnished to excess" on the picture situation, I don't think it ever became like that. I understand trying to prevent part of it due to a thread not derailing, but that was never really a problem at all, even with the links that Matt posted.

and yeah, I don't agree with you, but you're a cool guy Serious and I'm glad you shared your honest opinion.

Messages In This Thread
Stop with single image replies. - by Dazz - 11-04-2013, 03:42 AM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by Arjahn - 11-04-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by Dazz - 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by Dazz - 11-05-2013, 01:41 PM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by Dazz - 11-05-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by MexicanAnime - 11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by Petie - 11-05-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by Dazz - 11-05-2013, 03:53 PM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by Petie - 11-08-2013, 09:21 PM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by Klonoa - 11-10-2013, 03:44 PM
RE: Stop with single image replies. - by Dazz - 11-19-2013, 03:46 AM