Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Did Nintendo really revive the game industry?
Sorry, I cannot agree with anything you said about Sony. The point of competition is to compete and Sega lost, horribly due to the lack of understanding what gaming should be. A system should come out with games, when DVD's increased in popularity and became usable for gaming, it only made sense to use them. It isn't the fault of Sony that Sega pulled the original "fight technology" move that Microsoft and Nintendo played until this generation. A superior company, which only existed because Sega turned them away, is going to have a bigger fanbase and more unit's sold. It only makes sense for things to work that way.

Also, I don't like how you said Sony has a lot to do with how gaming is today. This 8th generation needs to kick off a little bit and the systems need to stop breaking down yes, but really, the last generation is probably the best one we've ever had if you get off of Nintendo's and Sega's high horses. If Sony has something to do with that, then I see no problem at all. There were so many games on every system available, no would have had time to beat them all and again if Sony has a hand in that, good on them.

If there is something else you are talking about, please let me know, because really, despite a few bad systems and some lazy, cheap cash DLC, I don't really have much issue with how the gaming market is now. There are games I like, and games I don't, that's simple enough.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Nintendo really revive the game industry? - by RepentantSky - 12-25-2013, 12:10 AM