Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Did Nintendo really revive the game industry?
Nintendo pretty much put the industry back on track. It wasn't dead, just more of a mess and even then, that's really only for the American industry.

As for Sony/SEGA.
SEGA put out too much crap and became a mess of a company with the Sega Megadrive(Genesis) having additional attachments which never ended. This was also followed by terrible marketing for the Saturn which was outshined by Sony. I can't fault Sony on having a good marketing campaign during the 90's because they obviously did their research. Sega continued their trend of making bad business decisions by putting the Sega Dreamcast out too early for people to care about (that Wii U prophecy, yo). Not to mention you could easily pirate games.
That being said, the Dreamcast was the first major console to be online and was technically(as in hardware wise) "more powerful" than the PS2.

(12-24-2013, 12:20 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: but the reason I dislike Sony is that they pretty much turned the video game market into what it is today.
I'd personally say it's due to publishers and MicroSony allowing the industry to fall into the rut where it is. At least Nintendo is a safe...for now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Nintendo really revive the game industry? - by BumblebeeCody - 12-25-2013, 05:05 AM