Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokémon Stadium
In Pokémon Stadium, if a Pokémon knows an attack it normally shouldn't be able to, the text changes color to purple.
However, even if someone teaches a Pokémon a legitimate move through G/S/C and trades it back, if the move cannot be learned in R/B/Y, the game will still show it as purple.

For example: Teaching a Squirtle TM33 - Ice Punch.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-02-2014, 02:12 PM)RadSpyro Wrote: In Pokémon Stadium, if a Pokémon knows an attack it normally shouldn't be able to, the text changes color to purple.
However, even if someone teaches a Pokémon a legitimate move through G/S/C and trades it back, if the move cannot be learned in R/B/Y, the game will still show it as purple.

For example: Teaching a Squirtle TM33 - Ice Punch. TM22 - Solar Beam.

That's pretty cool.
Woops, used a different screenshot for the final image. Haha. I can get the Ice Beam example of necessary.
That's pretty cool. Do you know if something like this happens in Pokemon Stadium 2?
But I take it the Pokemon can still use said move, right?
@Takahashi2212 - I'm pretty sure it does actually. I'll have to double check though.

@Dazz - Yep, they can still use the move, the only difference is the text color.