Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
References in Star Command
One of the upgrades for the Shield Booster room is called the Spine Reticulate:

[Image: BmI5zdz.jpg]

The description for it also references city production:

[Image: ZmYGwP3.jpg]

This is a reference to the Simcity games, which involves city production and has a running gag involving "Reticulating Splines"

Another reference is that in 2 points of the story, one of the possible things you can say is "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum".

[Image: fzDVwoK.jpg]

[Image: 6uShUha.jpg]

This is a reference to the same phrase said by Duke Nukem.
(01-19-2014, 03:31 AM)DeerBoarDude Wrote: Another reference is that in 2 points of the story, one of the possible things you can say is "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum".

[Image: fzDVwoK.jpg]

[Image: 6uShUha.jpg]

This is a reference to the same phrase said by Duke Nukem.

Yes and No. Tecnacly you're correct as Duke does say it, but the quote started somewhere else.

They Live (1988)
As per ass-kicking and gum-chewing, it's probably a reference to both. The phrasing in the first screenshot, "It's time to kick @$$ and chew bubble gum. And I'm all outta gum." more closely resembles Duke Nukem's catchphrase, while the latter screenshot has it as "I came here to chew gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of gum.", which is closer to the original line from They Live. Neither one's an exact copy of either, however.