Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some news from Rare
(03-17-2014, 02:10 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Rare:
Get "rescued" to develop for a dead platform with little to no third party support or playerbase.
or
Stay on a system that has a large playerbase but requests that you make Kinect shovelware.
Either way, Rare isn't in a good position.

It's worth noting that a lot of the developers for games like Conker and Banjo left to form their own studios. Asking for "Rare back now" would be pointless since it's been over 10 years since those people left.

Eurogamer Wrote:Despite this passion for working with new technology, I just can't shake the feeling that Microsoft is the villain in the story of Rare's output post-2008's Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, so I dig into the studio's relationship with its corporate paymaster.

Which is funny considering in the last month alone, Double Helix studios (which is a small team formed from Rare) just released the latest character Spinal for Killer Instinct(on a Microsoft console) with Fulgore and more coming soon. Not only that but they also just released the brilliant Strider for every platform(but the Wii U). I'd also say that Kameo: Elements of Power and Viva Pinata are pretty good games too.
Rare isn't coming back, ever.

Rare could work on the 3DS if given another chance by Nintendo, a platform that could potentially give them a breath of life, I wouldn't mind seeing a Rare platformer on that console, even if they're lost damn near everyone from 10 year ago.

I remember reading about this rare employee who talked about Banjo Three. He said that they showed Microsoft the trailer for it, and had the game some what made, and the executives said it was awful and they wasted their time. They then put them onto a team who were making some sort of driving game but didn't have the characters or story, so they just joined up and gave then Banjo and Kazooie.

Messages In This Thread
Some news from Rare - by CLXcool - 03-17-2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by BumblebeeCody - 03-17-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Some news from Rare - by retrolinkx - 03-18-2014, 02:56 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by BumblebeeCody - 03-18-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by Mass Distraction - 03-18-2014, 07:05 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by BumblebeeCody - 03-18-2014, 08:15 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by CLXcool - 03-17-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: Some news from Rare - by RepentantSky - 03-18-2014, 09:19 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by CLXcool - 03-18-2014, 05:06 PM
RE: Some news from Rare - by BumblebeeCody - 03-19-2014, 04:05 AM