Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Unpopular Videogame Opinions
(06-01-2014, 05:01 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: The only good thing about Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles is the secret minigame.

I saw you playing that on PSN yesterday.

(06-01-2014, 10:22 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(06-01-2014, 08:59 AM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: I think Saints Row 3rd was a bad game and disliked everything about it.

This is general knowledge. Saints Row the Third is the worst game in the series.

I got it for free but I've never played any Saints Row game. So I wouldn't know what to judge it by. Looking at Saints Row IV though, that game seems fun as heck but I did enjoy Saints Row III (but again, that's because I'm new to the series).

Mine:

I generally find a lot of our older games to be just as bad as the modern games. Basically that a lot of games that are now 'cool to hate': Pokemon, DMC, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy don't realise how bad the originals really were.

Sonic '06 really isn't that bad because, as above, the entire Sonic series in generally has been goofy and silly as hell. When I was 12 Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was incredible. But when you're 22 playing through it again, man that game is horrible(cutscenes especially, but still fun to play). It's why I can't find it hard to hate Sonic '06.

The Final Fantasy series died long LONG before Final Fantasy XIII. Again, to pretend our old games are flawless is silly as the tropes of XIII are what made VII so iconic and yet the series turned into a completely different game altogether. It became about spikey haired kids with giant swords as opposed to humble stories and characters that VII had. Though 9 seemed to go back to it's roots.

I have a gaming PC and still don't care about PC gaming. As much as I enjoy playing on a PC and getting the optimal graphics (and sometimes control schemes) and ability to mod, I'd rather play on consoles most, if not, all of the time.

Nintendo were in their prime during the years of: End N64 through GameCube and GameBoy Advance to Wii launch. Their games and support for the systems resulted in Nintendo pumping out quality game for both systems that are still golden to this day.

The Wii was sold on a fad.

As much as I disliked Skyward Sword in so many ways, I've found A Link Between Two Worlds to be one of the most shallow Zelda games ever. It's trying to be what ALttP is without knowing what made it so great. I yawn at the "Incredibly bland, uninspired and generic villain, Collect 3 stones > world change > collect 7 items, save the world for meh ending" process that playing ALBTW is a chore to playthrough. Zelda: Going Through the Motions more like.

Whether people like it or, sexism/misrepresentation of [insert gender] is a problem within the gaming industry and it's well worth talking about.

The current generation of consoles (Wii U, PS4, Xbox One) has severely set the industry back. Terrible machines. Failed to deliver on promises. Over priced. DLC out the arse. Released too early. List goes on. Terrible terrible systems that I wouldn't recommend.

Mobile gaming doesn't exist. It's just some watered down form of entertainment with horrible controls and Free2Play schemes that have infected consoles and PC gaming for the worse.

Reviews are irrelevant as I'll still play a supposed crap game.

I agree with Operation: Raccoon City. It's a fun game and in co-op the enjoyment only increases. Very solid gameplay mechanics and I like how it's set within the Resident Evil universe.

Same with Other M. I understand the hate towards Samus, but bloody hell is that gameplay fun. Team Ninja really have fast paced action down and Other M is no exception.

Twitch is generally better than watching TV.

Yearly released sports games should be illegal to manufacture. They become obsolete within a few months. They have no value at all and waste a shit ton of plastic, shelf space and peoples time to sift though. No joke, they really do waste so much on those games it's pathetic. No-one wants them and they infest all the shops (especially in Europe).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by CLXcool - 06-01-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by retrolinkx - 06-01-2014, 10:22 AM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by G-Haven - 06-01-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by retrolinkx - 06-01-2014, 02:39 PM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by frankfrost2 - 06-01-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by BumblebeeCody - 06-01-2014, 05:14 PM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by Wastelander - 06-02-2014, 07:59 AM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by Milesthumbs - 06-02-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by CLXcool - 06-03-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by Wastelander - 06-08-2014, 02:00 PM
RE: Unpopular Videogame Opinions - by Zaliphone - 06-07-2014, 12:56 PM