Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
(07-16-2014, 07:32 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I have a few questions.

1. Is there any Dreamcast games I should be looking for? Right now I have Skies of Arcadia, Marvel vs. Capcom, Soul Calibur, Dino Crisis, and Prince of Persia 3D in mind.

2. Is it better to get Dino Crisis on Dreamcast or PS and is it better to get Skies of Arcadia or Skies of Arcadia Legends on Gamecube?

There are hundreds of Dreamcast games you can get, they're all really good, here are some of my recommendations.

Shenmue 1 and 2 (although it's PAL only)
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Grandia 2
Crazy Taxi 1 and 2
Jet Set/Grind Radio
Chu Chu "motherfuckin" rocket
Space Channel 5
Project Justice
House of the Dead 1 and 2 (And Typing of the Dead)
Metropolis Street Racer
Incoming
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (PS2 has a better version, but the DC one is worth a try)
Power Stone 1 and 2
Red Dog: Superior Firepower
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Rez

I'd also say try and get the mutliplats that came from the N64 and PS1 since they're usually the best version on the Dreamcast, such as Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2, and Ready 2 Rumble.

As for the SoA question. I own both and I can tell you a lot about it. In my personal opinion I'd get the Dreamcast version since it's cheaper, has VMU compatibilities and the music isn't butchered to fit on one disc. The only advantages you have over the DC version is sightly better graphics, less random battle encounters (it's ridiculously high in the Dreamcast), 60hz compatibility for the PAL users and it's one one disc instead of two.

Also, Jet Set Radio, and Jet Set Radio Future, are two different games based on the same universe, it's not a true sequel it's more of a different game under different circumstances. It was meant to be on the Dreamcast but was moved to the Xbox like many Dreamcast games that never saw a sequel on the console. Jet Set Radio is more arcade-y, since you've got to tag all the spots in a set time limit, the controls are harder to grasp and it's difficult to play, as for Future, it's got more of a story and the gameplay has been revamped a bit, although the gravity is pretty horrible sometimes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by retrolinkx - 07-17-2014, 02:38 AM
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM