Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
So, I played the first Halo for five hours straight from start to finish for consistency in the achievements, and wow I can't believe how Halo 1 has aged.

While the gameplay is fine, the problem lies in the fact that it's the first Halo game. It's done things other games haven't, and if they have they obviously didn't take note or tried to improve but just couldn't do it right.

Pretty much all vehicles don't feel right, they're either way to difficult to turn, hit objects too much or just aren't very useful in some situations, the levels are way to long with checkpoints coming only if you have killed all the enemies, and since I was rushing this meant that getting a checkpoint at say Point 2 and dying at Point 5 would revert me back to Point 2 and I'd have to do that again, and again until I got it right or a check point came between there, and it's great to run round a corner only to see a flood infection form kill you with a rocket launcher in a tight space since they don't care about living.

Also, the game has a lot of bugs. I remember on Two Betrayals I flew a Banshee into a tunnel and got out when I had to open a door, only to find MC plunge to his death since the game still think I'm flying above the death barrier. So no biggie right? Revert the checkpoint? Nope, checkpointed there since it's a plot point AND no enemies have spawned, so I constantly died there for about 2 minutes before I restarted that 20 minute or so level to rush through it again.

I mean I love Halo, I know it was a rushed game, and I know it was Bungie's first try but damn. I've completed this game on Legendary Solo, but this run was fucking horrible and I hated it pretty much 60% in.

I'm gonna play Halo 2 tomorrow since I have a test tomorrow and I have to revise for it, and I didn't want to go through that ordeal of Halo 1 and not feel up to Halo 2.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by retrolinkx - 11-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM