Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
(11-13-2014, 06:26 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

Halo 1 was good for its time, but going through it now I can see a lot of the flaws it had.

343 fucked up a lot of things, but really they couldn't do much beyond a few fixes here and there since they wanted to keep the experience the same.

The characters and animations are very bad since Bungie had a lot of trouble doing them, they talk about it in the developer commentary. Most of the scenes were either the chief being controlled and recorded with a camera, or actually making the scene with custom animations being played ever other second to put it all together into one. They weren't improved by 343 for whatever reason, I'm probably being too harsh on them so I'll assume that they tried to do something but couldn't do that much to improve upon it.

Halo 2 and 3 are much better though, but if you find yourself hating 2 or 3, just drop the series (4, 5, ODST, Reach, Wars) You're not going to like the rest of it.

My problum is not that I think that it's going to be bad. It's just that everyone has hyped Halo 1 has being the best thing ever when it's not, while Halo 2 is meant to be better while it's devlopment did not start until a little under a year before it was relesed. I'm afraid that it's going to be a buggyer version of a better Halo game.

However, from what little I have played of 3 and Reach, I do have hopes that I will like 2.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by gamemaster1991 - 11-14-2014, 03:14 AM
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM