Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
(01-10-2015, 10:45 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: SilentHill.txt

To be honest I think it's one of that games that gets the excuse of "for it's time". Silent Hill 1 is a great game....at the time. Admittedly the PS1 aged horribly so some games haven't really passed the time trial test, but I think Silent Hill 1 still has a lot of great moments.

Usually with the first in it's series it's still getting it's name down. This is obvious with the release of Silent Hill 2, a game that many people consider to be one of the greatest games ever made, ranking up there with FFVIII, Ocarina of Time etc etc. It really is a good game and I think Silent Hill 1 is more about setting the series up with the standards of what's to come.

If Silent Hill 1 wasn't really your thing, there is an updated version in the form of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for the Nintendo Wii which is incredibly good. It uses the therapist system where what you do and say in the sessions reflects on how the game plays out. Well worth looking into.

If you do eventually play Silent Hill 2, I must stress that you play the PS2 version. The HD Remake really took away the little bits of detail that added to what made Silent Hill 2 great (fog, voice acting, minimal glitches etc).

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by BumblebeeCody - 01-10-2015, 02:41 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM