Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
So, I finally got around to finishing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. I can mostly explain it as Phoenix Wright and Persona put together. I've talked about it before but if you didn't read that. The game is about 15 students in a school who are trapped there and have to escape by killing someone then getting away with it, a class trial is there held and then you have to work out "whodunnit" and if you do they're killed but if you don't everyone else but them is killed.

The game has a lot more action that Phoenix Wright, where instead of just pressing "Hold it" and "Objection" you actually need to shoot down statements with your "Truth Bullets" which act as evidence for you to hold, going as far as you having to use statements as evidences to disprove other statements (which could've been really useful for Phoenix Wright).

Along with these you had a small Rhythm Shooting minigame where you have to prove to someone they're wrong by shooting their statements in rhythm to the music. As well as a "Hangman's Gambit" where you have to find a certain word by shooting letters that come to mind.

Besides this, you've got your basic investigation stage and your "Free time" stage where you can run around talking to others to make the Class Trials easier and such.

Overall, the game is pretty great. The story is really good and surprised me when I really thought about it at the end. It did drag on a bit since it had to explain a lot and the character explaining it was really annoying and you were forced to do weird but humourous choice selections for that section. My only complaint was that I was oddly spoiled on the "bad guy" and made finding out who it was a lot more easier and less surprising than it could've been. (So I really hope I don't get spoiled for the second game)

The characters are good as well (my favourite probably being Hiro) but stand by certain stereotypes (Idiot, Tsundere, Generic Badass, Stuck up kid etc.) which can get annoying after a while but they do sometimes break them and act a bit different.

The gameplay itself can be really difficult to get a hold of since you have to do TONS of work to be able to successfully disprove points. Going as far as putting distractions over the text you need to object to and spinning some of the statements in a circle. I didn't actually understand the Rhythm Shooter part since it was badly explained and kept getting by through luck until the 4th case when I started to actually understand that you're not meant to tap the screen but use the buttons instead.

The music is pretty fucking amazing too. With "Heat Up" being my favourite so far. Still sending chills down my spine well into the final case.

If any of you love Persona or Phoenix Wright (mostly the latter) you'll love this game.

(01-18-2015, 12:11 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: - I also started playing Saints Row IV, and never have I laughed out loud so much whilst playing a game on my own.

Make sure you put some time in to play the first two. They're really great games that are overlooked by people who start with 3 onwards. They have more subtle humour similar to GTA and not as "in your face" as it is in 3 and 4. It's still pretty funny though. The story is also quite well done in the second game.

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by retrolinkx - 01-18-2015, 04:12 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM