Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 45 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
(03-21-2015, 05:10 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I was playing Trackmania and got an Author medal (I was over 5 seconds faster than the track's creator and designer on a 2 minute race) without any large skips or anything, just really good racing.

I feel proud of myself now. Just thought ya'll would like to know that vital bit of information.

That's actually very good going ! 

I always sucked at Trackmania, despite loving it to bits. I never managed to unlock any really fun pieces, though, which was a shame.

I just completed Shadow of Mordor and bloooody hell was that game amazing !

Disregarding the paper-thin storyline of "family is kill, 2vengeful4me", the depth of the game, and the fun derived from the mechanics and steady upgrades made this by far my favourite game for quite some time.

Just being able to mind-bend and orc to your will and 'nurse' it to the highest ranks of the Uruk army was great fun, and seeing your enemies evolve as you fought them was intense.

There was this one captain, Ugluk, who was impossible to beat, as he kept fleeing and I couldn't anchor him down with arrows. The first time we met, he was fairly weak, but did the whole running away. Give that I had peppered him with arrows, the next time we met, he had more armour on and an arrow shaft stuck in his belly. During this battle, I threw him into a fire, which made poor Ugluk flee, vowing to take me down. Not having met him in a while, I put him to the back of my mind before being goddamn ambushed by the bastard while looking for something. This guy now how burn marks over his body and lets me know that he's in constant pain. So I promptly chuck him off a cliff (this kills the Uruk).
Happy that I had finally killed him without him running away, I went on, doing missions, turning Uruks to my cause and making them climb the ranks. Then, as I'm doing a routine mission to save some slaves, who doesn't just pop out of the woodwork but flippin' Ugluk, announcing to me that he survived the cliff fall. He didn't look too good and had metal strips on his head to keep his brain in there. We fought, and I decided no longer to try and kill him. I'll turn the plucky blighter and help him climb the ranks and become warchief. I mean... he looks the part. Ugluk, by the end of the game, was warchief, had 7 bodyguards, and was my number one bro when I needed a recalcitrant captain taken care of.

[spoilers]
RIP Ugluk in the final battle of the game. We had gone through thick and thin, fire and flames, and you will always live on in my memories
[/spoilers]

I've never seen such a subtle and tailored approach to personalised gaming. 10/10, truly.

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 03-21-2015, 05:27 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM