Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
Okay well I'm super confused now.

I've had a new graphics card since April 2014 or so, it's so-so, but all I use my computer for is L4D2 pretty much.

Now, I usually play on servers with 25 people and when there are about 60 zombies on the screen along with tons of other stuff, so this usually fucks my frames good and I usually play at around 20-60fps. It's usually somewhere between 30-40 on many maps but it can go as low and as high as stated.

Anyhow, because of this I make sure I play on low, everything is put on low. I even downloaded some weird "performance enhancer" for L4D2 that helps low end machines run it well, anyhow no matter what I did I got the same 20-60fps so I just thought fuck it and left it as it is.

Today I downloaded some mods and wanted to check them out on a normal game (well actually a game without any bots or normal zombies, just me and the specials) and I maxed out everything since there would only be a few things on the screen and so I just wanted the game to look pretty, and by maxxed out we're talking 8X MSAA and 16X AA serious stuff  and it was fine, ran between 60-120fps, the usual. I played for a bit, quit and went to play some Resident Evil.

I came back later and joined the server, forgetting I had maxed everything out and when I joined I was greeted to a really good framerate, only ever dipping to 28fps in a large area and everything was fine, it looked great and ran really well, I was pretty damn shocked at all this and was wondering what the hell was going on, and just as I was getting into the game it fucking crashed to the desktop after a boomer exploded (well a few seconds after)

No freezing, no "hl2.exe has stopped working" just a straight crash to the desktop.

Man, I gotta say the Source Engine is something else. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I'm not making this into a thread since it's not a big problem (it worked fine at low) but I wouldn't mind playing with the game and it looking decent for once.

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by retrolinkx - 04-10-2015, 09:42 AM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM