Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
Nintendo:
[Image: FuTVCykc_400x400.jpeg]

I've never seen a company stuck in it's own bubble before like Nintendo is.
1) Throw out another Star Fox. But not made by Platinum with force Gyroscope controls
2) Wooly World looks interesting. But I'm not excited for it or consider it a day 1 buy.
3) No Wii U/3DS Apps firmware updates
4) No F-zero
5) No Metroid
6) No Zelda Wii U (WTF)?
7) No Pokemon Z
8) No new IP but instead throwing out the same stuff we've seen.
9) No mention of a single indie title or indie support
10) No Wii U updates/upgrades
11) Didn't even feel like Mario's 30th but OK
12) It's probably me but I'm not feeling the hype behind Mario Maker. Much like Splatoon, this hype feels incredible forced and marketed rather than people actually want it. It's more of Nintendo forcing it onto us.
13) Only good thing was Amiibos. That's only for me since I'm willing to keep up my collection too but I'm already bracing for the Amiibo pre-order rush.
14) Third Party if officially dead. No mention of new Third Party titles. No mention of upcoming Third Party titles (Devils Third etc). No mention of Third Party support
15) Xenoblade X coming out in December, 8 months after Japan has already had it. Why?
16) Hyrule Warriors looks awesome
17) No mention of Amiibo support to help with supply/demand issues
18) Nothing about the eShop
19) A Zelda Title on 3DS that looks very underwhelming
20) Atlus games looks alright I guess.
21) (Rehash) Throw out a Mario RPG No-one asked for
22) (Forced Relevance) Throw out a Zelda spin-off no-one asked for
23) (New IP playing it safe) Throw out a new Fire Emblem game but don't call it Fire Emblem no-one asked for
24) (Why) Throw out 2 Animal Crossing spin-offs no-one ask for.
25) (Trying to stay relevant) Throw out two Metroid Spin-off titles no-one asked for
26) Nothing about current Wii U title support (Even just released games like Splatoon).
27) [Bring back random Mario Sports title]

I shit on Nintendo a lot, and by no means is this a terrible Nintendo E3 Direct but man....man I dunno how anyone can't think the Wii U/Third Party/Original Titles are dead. Very strong word "dead" but I saw nothing that makes me think Nintendo aren't willing to leave the Nintendo bubble but only continue to stay inside it. 

Nintendo NX and new Amiibos have my interest but that's it. 

Sony and Microsoft really set the bar high and delivered.

(06-16-2015, 12:48 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I can safely say Nintendo is making me feel like more and more of an idiot for buying the Wii U. That Digital Event left a sour taste in my mouth. They gave us a an Animal Crossing with a Mario Party skin and a Metroid game for the 3DS that no one asked for, of course they showed Whooly World, but we already know what the game is about. The only 2 things that got any of my interest were Star Fox Zero and Mario Tennis. The other stuff was either info we already knew about or it was for the 3DS which does not make me feel great about owning a Wii U this year.

Gonna be honest...I knew full when I bought the Wii U in October 2014(For Bayonetta) that the console was going to die soon. But I needed that Bayonetta fix. I'm fine if the Wii U fades into obscurity, the system had so much potential......if it was 2005.
(06-16-2015, 02:19 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

It's true. Nintendo dropped the ball this year and are totally out of touch with what their fans want. I have an odd feeling they're trying to just make us hate them for a while and then release the NX with very good games and then make us think they're the best thing ever. I mean, if they actually made a new Metroid, F-Zero and such for the NX and announced it at the same time, we'd say they're saviours of gaming once again.
Pretty much. I think Nintendo(insanely huge speculation from some random forum scrub with no inside industry knowledge) are holding off the big titles for the Nintendo NX. Zelda is their last major title for the Wii U and then we'll see the NX as the Nintendo Core System.

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by BumblebeeCody - 06-16-2015, 04:35 PM