Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 43 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
(06-19-2015, 07:14 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Canceling a game just because it looks different is a terrible idea.  I just don't get the concept of hate towards that.  I mean, I'd probably be ticked off if a F-Zero cart racer was released, but at least it would be F-Zero.
Consider that a music artist can be praised for changing their style.  A movie director can make films in many different genres without any issues.  If you don't support the move, you don't buy the product, that simple.  Why a game series can't change without getting people so angry is a bit of a mystery.
(BTW, there have been game series that I didn't support a change in.  I just didn't buy the game, not start a freaking petition).

(06-19-2015, 08:12 PM)Furo Wrote:
Quote:Lastly, I am ok with this. The game looks nothing like Metriod, will not have the loneliness of most Metriods, and will most likely feel like your playing a new IP with Metriod enemies in it. I feel that canceling this will be the best idea.
You do realize that cancelling the game would make things, worse, right?  I'll be the first to admit I don't like the game from what i'm seeing at all but cancelling the game because it doesn't fit to the "fan's" standards is really just incredibly petty.  
Not to mention that Nintendo would take it as people not wanting a Metroid game at all, And lastly that's it's kinda sorta disrespectful to the devs that are more or less putting their heart in soul into making this game release.
It's just a No-Win situation with cancelling the game.
Kind of disappointing.

I want to say that I'm not for cancelling a game just becuse it's diffrent. I would be the last person to tell someone not to play something that's diffrent. I like it when a game desides to change up a game style or even changes genres (Metriod has done this more then once). That being said I don't like it when you take one basic elamit of a sieres and throw it out the window. How would the fans react if the next Zelda game takes place in a morden day city with the new protagonist Ronnie? How about if the next Star Fox game was about Fox's long lost brother who wants to do air shows and there is no threat of danger to the galaxy. I will admit, I would play both of these games, but that's not the point. The point is that the Metriod games were about a one (wo)man army going to save the universe and one of the main points is that you could not count on anyone due to you being alone (even in Prime 3, were you had 4 talking characters). With this new co-op game, I feel that the point was lost and now your some tatical team out to save the universe and (insert Gears of war, Halo Rach, or any other Co-Op Space Marine game story). I wouldn't mind a different protag (make it Samus's Great-great-great grandchild or some shit if you want), but making it 4 new charicter who have no connection to the orignal plot makes me disintrested to pick it up. I'm sorry I don't want to play another Resident Evil 6.

ON THE OTHER HAND, Metroid has a long line of........ let's say bad sells numbers. Nintendo hates the seires for not bringing in f$ck tons of Yen. If we cancel this, we may not get another Metroid. Maybe what we really need (as much as I'm really going to hate myself for saying this) is a Space Marien Bro-Op game to save the seires. Maybe Nameless Helmet #234230 - 234233 are what is going to save Metroid. I doubt it.

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by gamemaster1991 - 06-20-2015, 12:36 AM