Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
(06-20-2015, 02:50 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I had to do a little bit of research on this because I don't really follow Nintendo's series' nor do I really care but I just had to know why people would petition for a game not to get released.

So let me get this straight... They announced a spinoff title to the Metroid series. Now people are angry that it's "not the same Metroid". I am yet again baffled by the fact that people still don't seem to get the idea of a goddamn spinoff. Are you kidding me? 2015 people. We can't have our heads this far up our asses.

This is why Nintendo is afraid to change anything in their series. This is why literally every other Mario release is the same exact game but with minor changes. Have these people ever seen other game series in their life? Final Fantasy is a continuous series where the setting, characters and everything in between changes from title to title, not to mention changing the entire genre when it comes to spinoffs. How about Resident Evil then? The game has changed in major ways since it was first created. Not all fans are happy but this means the games still have the right to exist in this day and age. Doom went from action to horror and back to action and it seems people are still interested in the series. Change is needed to keep something fresh. And seriously. This is a spinoff we're talking about.

Yep. That's the loud vocal minority of gamers for you. Make stupid choices and are loud about it (See Resident Evil 6, DmC, Final Fantasy XIII, GamerGate, Brink, DLC etc etc).
It's not that you can't just let those who want to be able to buy it, it's that your opinion is right because of that, no-one is allowed the play the game. 

At the same time I put this all on Nintendos fault. This is really their problem.
Speculation:
When you have little to no Third Party support and any third party game that comes out to support the system fails, the best you can do is turn those third party titles into spin-offs of existing IPs. Basically, it wouldn't surprise me if that those two Metroid games weren't originally designed to be a pinball game and random space marine shooter. But games that were obviously going to fail sales wise, so Nintendo slaps their own branding on it viola, more sales than you would've gotten. I'd be the same, would I honestly check out that random Zelda: Triforce heroes if it was under a different name, not really not. But slap Link on it there, I'm interested. I don't want it but it had my attention. 

Again, that just my thoughts on it but as a result, you have this response. A response that I find fucking pathetic, disgusting and again, insulting to the people who are currently working on it. But it all does come back to Nintendo and them putting everyone in awkward situations.

Like I said, E3 was just Nintendo branding random titles to try and make them relevant. 
2 Animal Crossing Spin-offs(unrelated)
2 Metroid Spin-offs (unrelated)
2 Zelda Spin-offs (unrelated)
1 Fire Emblem spin-off(under the SMT series)

(06-19-2015, 10:25 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: 1) Fans petition to cancel the game
2) Nintendo see this and think "Well looks like they don't want any Metroid games."
3) Nintendo then don't make anymore Metroid games
4) Nobody wins.

gg everyone

Also, this just in. 3DS emulation has progressed quite far. OOT3D is working, but runs very slow. 

Still, can't beat them screenshots.

That looks gorgeous

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by BumblebeeCody - 06-20-2015, 04:29 AM