Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
The idea of "talking with your money" comes to mind. Instead of complaining that the Metriod spinoff has space marines in it, Sonic and friends look retarded, or DmC changed Dante's hair, you just don't buy the game which tells the company that we don't like the changes. This would mean that we MAY get them to fix it.

However, this also comes with a problem when we're talking about games that companys hate. If we don't buy the new Mario, Sonic, or Assassin's Creed, I'm sure that we would be fine for a game or two or five. If we did it to Megaman, Metriod, or F-zero, they may see it as no one wanting it any more. So it's buy the game we don't want or risk losing it forever. I believe this is one of the reasons people bought Shovel Knight (aside from it being a good game). People want more Battletoads and there is a hope that Rare will see this and make a new Battletoads. We buy what we want to see more of, but what is that backfires and we get more spinoffs based on the space marines and not Samus/Sylux/one of the new guys all by him/herself. I will say it again, I don't mind new protagonists if you can't tell a story with the one you have any more (Assassin's Creed) and Metriod could maybe use a new one, but I would like one and not four that look the exact same aside for color (which if it wasn't for it being an FPS, would make finding your character confusing as hell).

At this point, I have a wait and see mentality. If the game still comes out, I will wait to see more of it before I make a desision on wither or not to try it. It could turn out to be a great game with a great storiy that ties back into the main series and win game of the year. It just sucks that it's one of those games where you HAVE to buy it or you may not get a new main game.

Edit: Looking up Metroid Prime Hunters and had an idea they could have done to make fans happier. Put in the Bounty hunters from that game and put it on the Wii U. There were 6 other bounty hunters but the story can take place of Sylux's fall from the Federation. That way you can have the co-op in the game AND you have an extra player. This would help sell more copys then the Tom from Toonami look-a-likes.

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by gamemaster1991 - 06-20-2015, 01:57 PM