Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
I'm just gonna interject my post between your bullet points for this post.

-As for Xenoblade it is is a legitmate complaint. Again, Nintendo living in their Nintendo bubble from '95 where they think it's OK to release a game nearly a year after Japan much like they did with Pokemon in '95. They should've been working on the translation right away. What makes it worse is that the Wii U is region locked so we're forced to wait. I've played through many JRPGs in Japanese and would happily do the same with Xenoblade. What benefit to you is there for a game not coming out sooner?

I believe I already said that we want a working translation, have you seen SAO: Hollow Fragment? Would you want that that for Xenoblade? Complaining about region locks at the point when it comes to Nintendo is about as stupid as complaining about the lack of new IP's. It's Nintendo, and I doubt that is one of the things we'd be able to change their mind on. As for working on the translation at the same time, I don't see how that would have helped. They would have had more resources working on that and less on the game, so it might have taken just as long, if not longer because it would have made the team stretch even further. That's not a problem now. Also, this game, as popular as Xenoblade is, was always going to come out during the holidays in the West. It'll likely move some console's and sell one hell of a lot better for it, so this all seems pretty moot if you ask me.

- I love the Mario RPG series but was there any need for this? It's Nintendo just making random spin-off titles based on their games and themes. I'm sure it'll be fun but it proves Nintendo have little to no originality anymore or even know who their audience is at this point. Seen it and played it all before.

I think it has some originality to it. Having certain things that only paper Mario can do, or regular Mario can do, as well as combining their abilities at some points should create some interesting and unique gaming moments throughout the game itself. If it doesn't, than by all means we are allowed to be annoyed with it, but if it does, than the saying that you can mix two or more things old to make something new will ring true here. Besides, Nintendo isn't the only company that makes the same kinds of games every year. Ubisoft has been making the same game yearly, with the occasional spin-off since the start of the last generation of gaming, and I don't see a lot of complaints about that, unless the game comes out glitchy.

No point in bringing up Zelda again, but I still stand by the fact that Yokai is new for the west and won't spend anymore of my time on that.

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by RepentantSky - 06-25-2015, 03:52 PM