Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 49 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
I started playing Valkyria Chronicles after someone was kind enough to gift it to me for Christmas. I find WW2 quite fascinating, and a video game that is inspired by it in it's own animu world, along with being a TBS is something that really caught my eye years ago. I never had the console nor money to buy it until it came to PC and someone was kind enough to get it for me.

It's really cool since I enjoy everything about it, the artstyle is really nice, it has interesting comedic elements, and the characters are cool and fun to play as. The thing that sold me on it though was the fact I can how Vyse and Aika in my squad, which I will forever have because a game that reps Skies of Arcadia is my kind of game.

Anyhow, the one thing that did catch me off guard was the fact that there seems to be a hatred for a certain race of people in this game, similar to the hatred the Jews faced during WW2. It's really weird to see it in this game, since I understand why it's there but it seems really weird for it to be in the game. What's also interesting is that the members of your squad have certain perks that if met can cause them to fight better or worse, some of those perks can hate on that certain race, and if they fight alongside one they have lower accuracy and stuff.

What is kind of cool though, is that there can be units who are female and love females, and hate men, and men who like men and stuff. So if you place female units near female units who like them, they start to fight better. They can even take a liking to certain units and if they're with them they fight better and protect them in skirmishes.

It's really cool, and if anyone is a fan of TBS games, this is it.

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by retrolinkx - 12-27-2015, 08:09 PM